APPRECIATION POST: Charlie's Panther Shirt on "It's Always Sunny"

Alright, I know I've already discussed "It's Always Sunny", and this blog is supposed to have random content, but I've made the decision to forego the rules, and talk about something "Sunny" related again. Sometimes, after a long school day, settling down to watch a bit of televised debauchery is all that makes sense. I'm sorry if you haven't seen the show; that is a problem you'll have to fix on your own time. For now, I want to talk about this:


Image result for charlie panther shirt



      If you'll notice, on one particular episode, Charlie wore this spectacular shirt, which depicts a black panther, draped across a cliff, basking in magenta moonlight. This piqued my interest immediately, because I own the exact same T-shirt. I am very proud of this fact. I picked up mine at a thrift store somewhere here, in Wyoming, and am positive that someone made it to copy Charlie's original. This goes to show you the extent to "Sunny"'s influence on America.

      Charlie (Day) must have chosen this shirt for his character on purpose. The most likely explanation is that the panther on the front is meant to illustrate his character visually. The black panther could symbolize many things: elusive-ness, strength, African-American rights, etc. Although, Charlie is completely unaffiliated with all of these concepts, so I am going to say that he wore the shirt to create a sense of distension. By wearing a completely random, and striking shirt, Charlie is successfully maintaining his character's place in the show as an inexplicable person.









Comments

Popular Posts